Log in

No account? Create an account
The weekend, part II - He's just this guy, you know.

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

Schlock Mercenary
Something Positive
Irregular Webcomic
Sluggy Freelance

March 29th, 2004

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
11:01 am - The weekend, part II
(continuing from my earlier post ... )

We kept going south from Mt Rouse, rwrylsin was driving and I was dozing a little, watching the countryside rolling by (and changing, from typical sparse eucalypt forests in some places, to patches of low shrubbery, then denser forests further on). We got to Warnambool at around 3pm, and decided it'd be good to let the car take a break for a while, just to make sure we didn't overheat it (there was a time a while back where we kept having overheating problems with it, and though it was fixed, we also try to not push it too much). I decided we should try to see the one person we know in Warnambool, ngarewyrd, but he was busy, alas. We'll have to catch up some other time ... Anyway, we stopped and snacked, let the car (and ourselves) take a break, then drove on.
On to the Great Ocean Road, with a promise of spectacular scenery - and so it was. I took around 120 photos (edit: 120 photos over the weekend, around 80 on the G.O.R portion), on a mixture of digital, 35mm film and 120-format film. Unfortunately, by the time we got to the Twelve Apostles, the light was going, and by the time we were done there it was very much gone (not only was it getting late in the day, but clouds were thickening and greying overhead). We decided the rest of the G.O.R. would have to wait for another day (or another decade), and we'd take the "quick" way home.
The "quick" way turned out to take quite a while, of course - first, we had to backtrack to Port Campbell about 12 km, then drive around 85km to reach the A1 (Princes Hwy), then it was around 180km from there to home. We got home at 10pm, and promptly collapsed, and ordered pizza for dinner and watched Red Dwarf (we'd originally thought we might get home at 7pm, revised that to 8pm, then hoped for 9pm ... we're such optimists).
So, on Sunday I ate the following :
Breakfast was two slices of toast, with some Coke to wash it down.
I had a couple of sausage rolls when we stopped for lunch in Hamilton.
A Mars bar & Pepsi in Warnambool.
A Magnum ice-cream in Port Campbell (on our first pass through).
Pizza and Coke for dinner.

I'd better be kind to my arteries for a few weeks, they've been abused enough :-)

And how much packing for the Big Move did we achieve last weekend ? Best not to ask that question :-)
Current Mood: busybusy

(4 touches | En garde !)


[User Picture]
Date:March 29th, 2004 02:59 am (UTC)



Don't forget the chips and coke in Colac! :->
[User Picture]
Date:March 29th, 2004 04:15 am (UTC)
Some other time indeed, I do apologise for not being able to catch up with you, but I guess it's the way things work out..

Perhaps I might 'drop in' on you when I visit England =8)

And I cannot believe that you have never travelled down the great ocean road before now... oh well
[User Picture]
Date:March 29th, 2004 04:23 am (UTC)
Hope you said hi to Wyrd for me! By phone at least...
[User Picture]
Date:March 29th, 2004 04:46 am (UTC)
*grins* how else do you think he found out I was busy this week? *chuckles*

> Go to Top