June 14th, 2006
|11:15 pm - Iceland in brief ...|
Before I head off for much-needed sleep, some firsts and statistics from our Iceland trip :
1. I've been to Iceland ! It's a very spectacular place, well worth a visit if you like rugged beauty. Photos to follow.
2. I've now been slightly further North than before - 64°50' or so in the Helgafellssveit area on the Snæfellsnes peninsula, up from about 63° in Åre back in January this year.
3. I've ridden an Icelandic horse.
4. I've fallen off a horse for the first time (he slipped in a puddle, and was fine. I have a small bruise on one shin, but am also fine).
5. I've driven on the right-hand side for the first time (and drove just over 1000km in total).
6. I've seen a geyser erupt (and saw the Geysir (Stóri Geysir in full), but it didn't erupt while we were there).
7. Saw a glacier (Snæfellsjökull) (from about 4km (horizontal) and 1000m (vertical) away).
8. Visited Þingvellir, the site of the Alþing, the first parliament.
9. rwrylsin got her first FIE world ranking point.
Current Mood: tired
|Date:||June 14th, 2006 10:49 pm (UTC)|| |
I bet that post was fun to code...
I visited Iceland about fourteen years ago. It was so great. I've been longing to go back in the summer (I went in December, because I'm crazy). Did you swim in the Blue Lagoon? I thoroughly enjoyed that.