Gacked from laurenmitchell..
1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Went cross-country skiing - whee !
Got married, too :)
Also started learning ballroom dancing.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Can't remember if I made any, and I'm not sure I'll make any next year either.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Can't remember anyone (but that might just be my lousy memory talking ...)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Scotland, England and Wales.
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
More free time !
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
27th of September - rwrylsin and I got married !
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
See #1 and #5 and #7 !
9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmmmm. Nothing big, but quite a few little things that I didn't make time for (see #1, #5, #7, etc).
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Hayfever, and a sore knee. Otherwise fine (maybe a sniffle once).
11. What was the best thing you bought?
New camera - Pentax Optio S (tiny !)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Lots of peoples, I guess.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Well, where to begin. The louts who throw rocks at trams, trains and cars. The morons who rob people or steal stuff or kill people. Almost any politician involved in the Middle East. Many politicians elsewhere.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Books, CDs, camera, holidays, wedding, computer games, and "stuff".
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The wedding, of course :) And the holiday ...
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
Hmmm, nothing particularly stands out.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? There's a few kgs more of me ...
iii. richer or poorer? Somewhat richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Sleeping. Reading. Organising "stuff".
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With rwrylsin's parents in Foster (and New Year in Adelaide with my parents).
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
Still in love, as much as any time in the past 8 years :->
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No-one springs to mind.
26. What was the best book you read?
Well, I enjoyed the Scavenger trilogy, by K.J.Parker. And the new Pratchett.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
Hmmm, not sure. Nothing particularly springs to mind.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Pirates of the Caribbean. (But note that I haven't seen RotK yet :-)
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
It was the day before my wedding, so I was running around madly organising stuff. I was 33 (still am, too :)
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I can't think of much - it's been a good year.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
Pretty boring - workish at work, jeans/t-shirtish at home.
34. What kept you sane?
LJing, gaming, e-mailing, rwrylsin.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No-one springs to mind here. I ignore TV/radio mostly.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I'm pretty unstirred by politics.
37. Who did you miss?
Mostly my Adelaide friends (some of whom are scattered around the globe - currently this includes South America, USA, England, Switzerland, Japan, and Wales).
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Well, all of the LJ people are pretty cool :) I met my biological father in person for the first time (we had been e-mailing for a few years).
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003.
You can achieve a lot of organising in a short space of time - our wedding went from idea in mid-May, to an actual event for 80 people by the end of September.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Heh, most of the song lyrics I've heard this year were growled or croaked, often in Polish.
I'm not big on listening to music for the lyrics, anyway - I listen for the music.
Found in saikogrrl's LJ, a quiz :
|You are 41% geek|