March 31st, 2004


Paperwork ...

So, recently rwrylsin and I have been filling in paperwork for our move to the UK. I'm trying to get a Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode, which is a step short of full citizenship, but allows me to live and work there, while waiting for registration as a UK citizen and an application for a UK passport get approved. For rwrylsin, there's a "spouse settlement" application.

Collapse )

Meanwhile, while the forms are reasonably well organised, they still have a number of questions which could be worded better, or less ambiguously. For example, two forms ask you to include "your current passport". The problem is that one of them specifically wants your Australian passport (in our case; non-UK in general), and the other form specifically wants your UK passport (if you have one), and neither specifies this. Obvious to whoever wrote the form, of course, but in the hands of poor little me, not so clear.
  • Current Mood
    confused confused