December 11th, 2014
|10:08 pm - Fencing Madness 2014|
... this is the short version. I did 7 fencing competitions over 4 weeks. Ummm ... it seemed like a good idea at the time :)
And I've had some kind of cold or cough or bug coming and going for most of the last 4 weeks ...
1. 14/11 - State Sabre Teams championships - I got roped in at the last minute to make a team so that the competition would actually run. We came 3rd of 3 teams, although it was closer than that makes it appear - each team won one and lost one, the ranking was made on indicators.
2. 22/11 - State Open Epee championships - 3rd (of 16). (note - with 3rd place play-off)
3. 29/11 - Club Open Epee championships - 1st (of 7).
4. 30/11 - State Veteran Epee championships - 2nd (of 7).
5. 6-7/12 - Oceania & National Open Epee championships - 20th (of 63).
6. 7/12 - Oceania & National Veteran Epee championships - equal 3rd (of 25).
7. 7/12 - Oceania & National Veteran Epee Teams championship - 2nd (of 7 teams).
My competition placings for the whole year go:
5, 1, 7, 1, 3, 3, 1, 2, 20, 3, 2
Original post on Dreamwidth - there are comments there.
Current Mood: tired
|Date:||December 11th, 2014 07:09 pm (UTC)|| |
That's an impressive set of figures there, young man. :)
Though I do suspect that the reason you have a bouncing bug is that you aren't getting a good proper rest. ;)
Yeah, that's quite likely. Between all the fencing and work being rather busy too (the "going live" phase of a 2-year project is finally here) and the toddler-wrangling, there hasn't been a lot of downtime lately.
Amazingly, it hasn't felt like the bug(s) affected me much on the actual competition days, just a little coughing as a reminder, but this week I think it did all catch up to me. I had a few days working from home so as not to inflict random coughing fits on the office, and think it's finally easing off now ...