July 31st, 2004
|10:47 pm - Photos !|
First, one of the cat who visited us earlier this evening (the windows were all wide open to air the place a bit, and apparently this cat can jump).
Behind the cut, photos from Stirling, Loch Lomond, and Wales (and one for dewhitton, if he's watching).
- A view over part of Loch Lomond, from Firkin Point.
- Another shot of the visiting cat, on his/her way back in through the window.
- A bird of prey of some sort, one of a few which were part of a demonstration. Sadly, I wasn't paying enough attention to the presenter to hear what type it was. Anyone know ?
- Looking up at Stirling Castle, looming on the hill-top. There's a path up the hill somewhere among those trees.
- The view roughly to the East from the Wallace Monument, near Stirling.
- The view South-ish from the Wallace Monument, taking in Stirling Castle and part of Stirling.
- And finally, a photo I took while visiting Y Felinheli in Wales, new home of kriste.
Let me know what you think of the photos !
Current Mood: accomplished
|Date:||July 30th, 2004 04:12 pm (UTC)|| |
Wonderful photos! The kitty's sweet, the Castle's cool and the gorgeous welsh village is gorgeous and welsh, which is everything you want in a gorgeous welsh village, really... (the place reminds me of Maleny with water, to tell the truth - I have to go away and be sad now).
|Date:||July 30th, 2004 04:14 pm (UTC)|| |
(...and it's awfully tempting to commit some Photoshop Evil to your loch shot!)
It's a falcon. To be precise, it's the falcon that the Swedish beer "Pripps" uses in their logo.
Having not been a huge beer drinker in my life, I think it's a pilgrim falcon (if that's what it's called in English - that's a direct translation from the Swedish name).
There is, indeed, a path on the hill there. It goes from the graveyard on one side to Cannon Hill on the other. It's a lovely little walk. I used to live about 50 feet from one end of it.
Yup, I think I mentioned walking up and down the path in an earlier post where I babbled on about roaming around the Castle :)