Log in

No account? Create an account
Plans vs Reality - the shocking outcome ! - He's just this guy, you know.

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

Schlock Mercenary
Something Positive
Irregular Webcomic
Sluggy Freelance

March 21st, 2005

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
06:47 pm - Plans vs Reality - the shocking outcome !
So, rwrylsin and I had a plan. Starting around last Wednesday or so, and running until after Eastercon. The plan went something like this :

Wed 16th : Go to gym (first time for a while, since we got new exercise programs)
Thu 17th : Go to fencing
Fri 18th : Go to gym again
Sat, Sun : Have random fun, prepare fencing stuff for Birmingham, etc. Sleep early on Sunday night, because ...
Mon 21st : Get up at 6:00am to be at work by 7:30 (our team takes turns at doing early morning checks, and this week is my turn)
Tue 22nd : Head to Edinburgh for fencing training there (pre-competition preparation)
Wed 23rd : Quiet night
Thu 24th : Drive 320 miles to Hinckley
Fri 25th, Sat 26th : Eastercon ! Get to bed early Saturday night, because ...
Sun 27th : ... the next day we're fencing in a tournament in Birminham.
Mon 28th : Continue Eastercon
Tue 29th : Drive 320 miles back to Glasgow, collapse and get ready for work the next day.

It was a fine plan, and would have had us in good shape for Eastercon and the fencing.

Instead, this is what happened :
Wed 16th : Both exhausted, stayed home
Thu 17th : Went to fencing
Fri 18th : rwrylsin starting to come down with flu - feverish and achy all day, and coughing.
Sat 19th : Did nothing but neccessary shopping, rwrylsin collapsed on couch most of the weekend.
Sun 20th : Didn't do much, but I did go to the gym by myself. Felt reasonable, new exercises went ok. Got to bed around 11:00pm (a little late).
Mon 21st : Woke at 1:30, 3, 4, and 4:55 - partly due to brain being in "must get up on time" mode, and partly due to being too cold (we had a window open in the bedroom because it seemed to help rwrylsin sleep easier). Finally woke up at 6:00am, feeling lousy. Realised I was feverish and achy. Somehow survived day at work until 3:30pm, when I could run home. Came home, had temperature of 38.4 (101F). Took cold/flu tablets and dozed for a couple of hours. Whee.

And now we both have to get better enough by Thursday that we'll be up to the driving and Eastercon-ing and fencing and more Eastercon-ing and more driving and not be complete wrecks by Tuesday. Yargh.
Current Mood: sicksick

(1 touche | En garde !)


[User Picture]
Date:March 21st, 2005 12:43 pm (UTC)
Sorry she's ill.

Pass on my sympathy.

Am stealing your Aardvarkian icon.

> Go to Top